Sunday, May 25, 2008

blackbird

I ran today... I could finally feel the wind through my hair. Every breath I took, The blood flowing through my veins. The smell of the wet earth. The caw of the crows. The feel of the sunshine. The encouraging smile of the clouds. That is all I could feel. I was aware of everything, but not aware of the real world. The sounds of people laughing behind me all died, died away. Carried away by the wind. The looks people always give me like ’shes flipped her lid again’ went away. I couldn’t think of that. couldn’t think what other people thought. But I was aware of a different sort of everything. The everything that we don’t normally notice. I came less then three feet from a flock of crows, They were singing. It was so beautiful yet so ugly. I wish I was one of them, So I wouldn’t always fly alone. so that no matter what happened, my flock was always behind me. They were there though, it seemed they followed me all day. When I was walking home from the bus stop, they were There. Watching. Singing. flying. and the weirdest part was, they were right next to a group of dear. it was like they were talking to each other. Dear, Crow, Dear, Crow...... How gorgeous it was! How I longed, more then ever to take part in it. To run, and relish in it. and watch as my running took flight. To see my blond hair transform to feathers, Every shade of midnight... To fly, black as night, against the sunshine. To be free. When I ran today, I felt really free. Like I was in charge. Like any direction I went, I went. I was there. I wasn’t just... there. Just walking through life, smiling In my dumb haze. Feeling nothing, regretting everything. No. Not that feeling. I wasn’t forced into the walls of that dumb pointless blindness, But I was A bird. And A bird I will stay. I can still feel the adrenaline coursing through me. And until this feeling stops, I am a bird.

No comments: