Friday, May 23, 2008

Swing

I was sitting there, swinging on the rusty metal swings in the park, listening to the wind. I closed my eyes and I could feel it. not just the wind blowing past me, but I could here it speaking. There were voices. There were words, Whispering to me. I could feel it. I still had my eyes closed, because It is the only way I can truly hear it. it is the only thing I concentrate on. Just the wind, Fast fast wind. If you know anything about me, you know that I sing more then I talk. But I didn't want to sing. My voice just didn't fit. Didn't sound right with it. I could hear The cars passing, and the water flowing in the creak. I could hear it, and suddenly it was a song. The wind was whispering the lyrics to me quietly, while the cars were taking the percussion, a gentle swoosh!.every once and a while. The water was the woodwinds, Sweet and delicate, Almost lost but somehow still commanding the melody. It was so beautiful. I was sitting there, swinging and smiling In my own little blissful state, while the dog walkers lurking in the back of the park were attempting not to stare at me. I must have looked something awful, laughing to myself, swinging with my eyes closed. But I don't care. that is who I am. And then, The wind stopped. Just as it stopped, I knew I had to. I pushed my feet into the rocks and slowed my swing. Then I lept off and walked quickly as I could to the side of the water and sat down on the edge of the bank. I was watching as the water hit the rocks, and ricocheted in the other direction. Going everywhere. The water Is so free, yet trapped. why is it that it is always moving together? It is so funny. How planned it is. But it looks so free! I want to go back now, to pick up water in my hands, and throw it in the grass. But then again, that would not be the water moving itself, that would be me moving it. That would be me, deciding it was time for it to break off. It was so calming to watch all the rocks, being softly pushed over by the water. Year after year, ground being eroded and eroded by the water. how will this look in a million years? Will the water wash away the mountains? will the not stand so tall? Will they just... fall?
Once the wind picked up again, I knew it was time to go home. It carried me home, until I came upon a beach ball. Yes, you heard me right, a beach ball. just lying on the side of the road. So if anyone is reading this who is missing a beach ball, sorry If I accidentally stole yours. I mean, It was all alone sitting there on the side of the road and no one was around to claim it, so I decided to take it home with me. I felt bad for it. and anyway, it is sitting here right now next to me.

No comments: